Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
First time I've seen that claim invoked to defend Gamergaters rather than to mock them. Does anyone really still believe it?
I'm not 100% sure this isn't sarcastic, but that would be incongruent.
Ask yourself what is more likely? That a rogue group from one of the most socially progressive communities on Earth became misogynists and harassed women cus misogyny? Or that the media, which has always hated gamers in the first place, spent years trying and failing to paint us as violent, decided that the wave of political correctness (that I believe started with an idiot radio host calling someone a slut for taking excessive amounts of birth control), and took advantage of the term "GamerGate" to paint ALL of us as misogynist woman haters, because science kept proving the whole violence thing wrong?

To me, the latter is far more plausible. I will say that GamerGate lacked the persuasion to have good PR(aside from Mike Cernovich, but he was more a sympathizer than a true GamerGater), and was too busy cucking itself to press ANY advantages it gained (seriously, I wish someone would throw mundane matt's fat ass off a building). But having bad PR doesn't mean you are wrong or that the malicious and evil gamer-hating media is correct. It's anti-gamer propaganda, they hate us gamers, always have.

@SUCCESSOR We're going to have to agree to disagree. I personally don't see how any company with any level of competence could possibly hire PR departments full of people with little to no understanding of persuasion, propaganda, or anything of the sort. To me, that makes no sense. Perhaps Nintendo is incompetent, but even that is hardly a defense, even then, they negligently slandered us.