Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
I'm not sure why y'all decided that we can't talk about how ZScript and AS interact in this thread. The very first post asks that question:

Although we could limit this thread to "the parts of implementing AS that specifically don't have anything to do with ZScript," I didn't see any indication that that was the case, and I think it would be detrimental to do so. Arbitrarily viewing the "two" problems in isolation doesn't seem productive to me.

And in my view, it's been constructive. In the last few pages, @Gleeok learned about a (major?) problem with integrating ZScript and AS (whatever it is we're doing) he was otherwise unaware of.

I think the real problem with, er, being "constructive", is than nobody knows exactly what's going on. I've discussed various options with lots of people, but nowhere have I seen a decision. I think it'd be helpful if @Gleeok or someone briefly described the current AS work done, and what the current plan for the finished product is, even if tentative. It's hard to discuss AS if we're not all on the same page.

You seem to be deliberately taking what I said out of context. Anyone with relevant points or questions on the subject of this thread are not something I would(or have) take issue with. The fact that it evolved into whining and bickering about things that have already been covered is what is getting irksome. As most certainly the portion of DD's post you quoted has been covered. Not with absolute certainty, but nothing is certain right now.

What is the MAJOR problem? The array thing? People will have to update their broken scripts that will be unsupported because of their stupid, awful code. How is that an issue? Solution: Don't code bad. (I code bad all the time but.... TRY DON'T CODE BAD!)

Gleeok has stated what he is doing. I don't think Gleeok explains things. If you want to know exactly what he is doing you will have to just jump in and try to figure it out. As I am doing. Well, I haven't actually spent very much time doing it because of school and work.