Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
This is a repost from pure but just incase that doesn't reach you... Zoria, would entries that didn't make it in previous contests be considered?

I know of two very challenging quests that didn't make it in their day but I think they are very good quality. In one of them the author is now deceased and the other is inactive. If it is permitted, I would submit those quests on their behalf (I would take no credit of course). They gave implicit consent for their work to be put in a contest because they submitted it for previous contests. Only issue is that they aren't made for the build you specified and they are password protected. But if they win, I'm sure that you can modify their quest for the purpose of making it compatible with 2.53 and they wouldn't have minded.

Speaking of winning, perhaps it would be more appropriate in our times to have a normal mode winner and a hero mode winner. Two quests can win. There are plenty of people who like a more relaxed form of the game and there are plenty of people who enjoy a more challenging form of the game. It would show that although no individual quest maker makes quests to accomodate for both, the quest-making community as a whole does provide for both

Yes. Entries for prior contests, and frankly any quest is eligible,. Just be sure to look over the entrance guidelines, and you will be fine James.

It is quite possible that there will be more than one quest added to Classic as a result of this event. The outcome / ranking will be open to the entire userbase, based on a set of criteria (WIP) and a voting and ranking system for each. We will measure the feedback on each participant's entries and decide based on that feedback which are the best candidates.

At least one quest will become 6th, but the current ZC format allows up to 10 quests per 'module', so 6th through 10th will be considered.

The next big event will be a contest for open assets (new quests), so Classic will be in no rush for more than 10 total quests for a while

Ultimately the number of quests that we pack in will be based on a percentage of the finished quests put forth. if you have projects that you want to put enter, please, do. I would love to see you on the 20th Anniversary Contest Discord server if you are able to participate in that manner, as it allows a great deal of both organisation and communication.

Also remember that you, and any participant may 'team up' and work with partners. Entries need not be a one-man band.

I have considered entering meself, but I am being kept busy just getting the next builds done, I had a rather interesting idea for this event, but IDK if I will have the time, or the mental energy to execute it. As this is community-ranked, I can participate without any sense of nepotism (or other, shady considerations).

The current rules and all participating entries are all here:

https://discord.gg/eUJHydZ

Come on over and join us. The dark side awaits.

P.S. My apologies for the delayed reply. Between the holidays and my deteriorating health, this week has been a debacle.