|Zelda Classic 2.5 Build 758 Windows||February.29.2008|
|* CopyTile, SwapTile, and ClearTile implemented as global functions. Look in zscript.txt for more information.|
* Reworked the icon system during quest loading. Before, if you had several save slots filled, the game would load each and every quest associated with the slots in order to get their icons. This would eventually make ZC load very slowly. Now, a file with the extension 'icn' will be created to store the icon data, substantially improving ZC's loading. The name of the file is associated with the name of the save file. So, for example, zc.sav would generate a file called zc.icn.
* ZQuest now uses large mode by default. Use -small to revert to the previous mode. If you used scaling before, you may need to use '-scale 1' to allow the new large mode to work for you.
* Performed a significant restructuring of the scripting engine, should result in a somewhat significant speed increase, especially with large scripts.
* Implemented the DrawCombo primitive drawing command. More on this on beta release.
* Implemented a series of functions in the game type to be able to grab combo information from ANY screen in the entire quest. You can also change said information too. Make your own scripted 'carry-over secrets' ;)
* Fixed a few major slowdown issues, especially related to primitive drawing functions. Also optimized the scripting engine some more.
* Fixed a corner-case I'd forgotten when horizontally scrolling in the text editor and the first line of text is highlighted.
* Hopefully improved the fading in and out behavior when scrolling between DMaps.
* Fixed a bug where rafts and ladders would always show the tile of the default raft or ladder item when used.
* The bounding box on shadowed text items in the subscreen editor is now the correct size.
* Way too many changes to list in regards to the scripting engine, but just know that weapon sprite handling is finally fully implemented. So you can do crap like spawn arrows and bombs directly via scripting. Fun stuff, I know.
* Accessing cheats no longer corrupts a quest's continue hearts and continue-is-percent flag.
* The Lens effect now ends immediately if you release the appropriate key.
* Fixed a bug where purchased info strings didn't use the default message speed.
* Fixed the bug where info prices would reappear during a purchased message string sequence.
* Fixed the bug that caused Tektites to sometimes not land properly when they move through the Z-axis.
* Renamed "Full-Screen Warp" to "Enemies Carry Over In Warps", "Direct Auto-warp" to "Auto-Warps Are Direct" and "Direct Timed Warp" to "Timed Warps Are Direct".