* New windows build. May be a bit more buggy than usual since I'm just getting my bearings again. Try to be quick but thorough when testing so that I or the devs can promptly fix any major bugs that creep up, although I don't anticipate anything not related to the new script additions. Still though, all warnings regarding beta use apply. Sorry for the wait. :)
* Fixed a bug that I shouldn't have missed. ZQuest Large mode shouldn't crash anymore.
* Added the sprite size variables (for tile height and collision) to the Link variable. However, this is far more limited than normal sprite variables at this point, so don't try to do much with it. Hopefully I'll have everything fully documented by the next beta.
* Added the WaitDraw command to ZScript, which only applies to global scripts. Basically, by default the global script is run once before all game processing is done. Now, if you place a WaitDraw command in your global script, it will halt execution of the script until after the game processing is done and before the screen gets drawn. This is for instances where you want your own scripting to occur after ZC has already done its work, instead of doing it before. Test carefully.
* Finally, after all these years, the Quest Rules have been organized into categories. The categories are Animation, Combos, Items, Enemies, NES Fixes and Other. I have also arranged them in approximate descending order of importance!
* [ZCL] Fixed a bug which forced -large at all times.
* [ZCL] Note: The scale mode only works with ZQ if it's just in small mode. When in large mode ZQ just crashes so this is not a bug with ZCL.
* The 'General Purpose' combo flags no longer appear white in the Lens of Truth.
* Lens of Truth combo reveals are now drawn on layer 0, whereas Lens of Truth hints are drawn over layer 2.
* Quite probably fixed the 'Patra segments removing Armos combos' bug.
* I've just realized that the 'No Level 3 CSet Fix' quest rule has nothing to do with dungeon level 3, and everything to do with palette 3. So I've renamed it.
* Fixed a bug that caused Link ring colors to interfere with the 'No Palette 3 CSet 6 Fix' rule.
* The 'Special Rooms And Guys Are In Caves Only' DMap flag now applies to Zelda rooms as well.
* Fixed the bug that prevented 'Fairy' Guys from using Message Strings or having accompanying fires, even in DMaps where the 'Special Rooms And Guys Are In Caves Only' DMap flag was unset.
* Quite probably fixed the 'Gleeok heads removing Armos combos' bug.
* Scrolling and whirlwind warps between different-colored DMaps and/or differently lit rooms have been fixed!
* Tightened the side-view Stomp Boots even more. Now, hitting a half-solid combo in mid-jump, or jumping from a half-solid combo, won't interfere with stomping on enemies.
* Surprise! Link's sprite decorations are now drawn on Link when he scrolls between screens.
* Whirlwinds now stop playing their sound every time that they are disposed of.
* Quite possibly fixed the bug where rafting into a locked door doesn't open the other side of the door.
* ZQuest hotkeys changed: Freeform Combos is now F7, and Layers is now F12.
* The Data menu is now named the Screen menu, as it refers exclusively to Screen-specific data.
* 'Doors' has been moved to the Screen menu, and the Scripts sub-menu has been moved to the Quest menu. Remember this!
* Also, since some people are unaware of some of the hotkeys, I've added given a few (W, F, L, ~, and Q) their own entries in the Tools menu.
* Fixed the Pols Voice's and Vire's Y-axis shadows.
* Fixed a bug that caused the 'Statues Shoot Fire' flag to crash the enemy-carried item.
* Fixed the bug related to Whistle Whirlwinds misbehaving when exiting via the corner of the screen.
* Fixed the bug where the Hover Boots wrongly froze Link's jumping animation.
* Fixed the bug where the 'Use Old-Style Warp Detection' rule interfered with the Raft flag.
* When pressing 'W' in ZQuest, walkable (drownable) water combos will now be highlighted in blue.
* Array declarations now accept strings as arguments. More work will be done on the functionality of this, including the ability to display custom messages via scripting. Also on a related note, single-quote characters are accepted in ZScript as well, and are treated as constants based on the characters ASCII value.
* Fun thing number one: The "Current Item" subscreen object now has a new variable, called "Item Override." Under normal circumstances, the object will select the highest level item in the selected family during gameplay, but if Item Override is anything other than -1, it will instead select that item directly. This allows one to have different selectable items within the same family (selectable swords, arrows, etc). Make sure to test that everything works correctly.
* Fun thing number two: Though currently only doable via scripting, variable sized enemies, items, and weapon projectiles are now possible. Remember that extend variable each had? Set them to 3 or higher (1 or 2 are identical to Link's 16x32 and 24x32 sizes respectively) and they will switch to a new drawing mode that takes the arguments TileHeight and TileWidth and draw the sprite at that size. Additionally, one can change the offset from the enemy's position to start drawing the sprite, as well as the offsets and size of the sprite's collision box (so variable sized weapon projectiles are possible as well). More information when the new build comes out.
* Small graphical bug involving quakes has been fixed.
* 10 Rupee pieces shouldn't fall. For real this time.
* Fixed a few bugs in ZScript that might prevent the Get/SetComboX functions from working correctly.
* Fixed a bug where reading an enemy's CSet would always return the enemy's original CSet.
* And finally, the additions of arrays to the scripting engine! Took a lot of work, but they're in. Now, each running script has the option via the global Declare() function to allocate for itself a block of memory. This block of memory is used as a scratch space for declaring and using arrays. One block is continually persistent as a 'global' memory and is used by default when an FFC or item script doesn't declare a piece of memory. Also included is a new section of memory in save files that allows you to store whatever miscellaneous data you like.
* Made corrections to zscript.txt and std.zh. Instead of the WPN_ constants, you should use the LW_ constants for Screen->CreateLWeapon, the EW_ constants for Screen->CreateEWeapon, and the WPN_ constants for npc->Weapon.
* Also, the constants LW_SCRIPT1 to LW_SCRIPT10 and EW_SCRIPT1 to EW_SCRIPT10 have been added. You should use these and only these for creating dummy script-controlled weapons.
* Fixed a few bugs in the scripting engine and primitives drawing routines. Specifically, assigning lweapon->Angle should work correctly, using Screen->Circle should not create a translucent circle every time, and a crash that may occur if you start a quest directly after playing a quest with global script variables has been fixed.
* 10 Rupees should no longer drop in 2.10 quests.
* Red Leevers do not attack link from the sides if Link is halfway on a solid combo from below.
* Fixed the bug where LW_SBOMBBLAST was identical in function to LW_SBOMB.
* Also fixed the bug where the super bomb's explosion was the same as the normal bomb's.
* Fixed the 'Push (Very Heavy)' and 'Bomb (Any)' Lens hints.
* Whoops! I accidentally broke the Octorok 4's bomb projectile. It's fixed now, so please don't bother reporting this.
* Also fixed: LWeapon bombs placed by scripts while Link lacks the bomb item.
* Fixed some mistakes in the wand and hookshot weapon sprite code.