* New Windows build finally! Made a slight addition to the weapon sprite code. If you want to control a weapon sprite via a script while having its collision detection continue to function normally, set DeadState to -10. Please test that this works.
* For the next build, I'm going to focus specifically on improving large mode and attempting to speed up the now-extremely slow ZQ interface. So for those complaining about that, I ask for just a bit of patience.
* Added two new variant enemy patterns: Fall From Ceiling (Random), and True Random. These patterns place enemies at any legal location on-screen, unlike the NES-style Random and Fall From Ceiling patterns. A basic rule of thumb is: if less than 50% of the screen is walkable, use the True Random pattern instead of the classic Random pattern.
* Furthermore, the bug where the NES-style Random pattern would run out of locations to place an enemy... is fixed. In that situation, it now defers to the True Random pattern.
* Added a warning box which appears when you have attached a script to an FFC with combo number 0.
* Seemingly fixed the end-of-tile-list paste bug.
* Fixed the Large Map overworld Link position bug.
* Fixed the sword beam magic prism sprite flip bug. This is different to the magic mirror bug, by the way.
* Added an 'M' hotkey to the CSet Editor. What it actually does is swap the positions of the cut color and the destination color.
* ZScript: the item->Data variable doesn't actually work, and has thus been removed.
* In its place is the item->ID variable, which is the integer ID number of the respective item.
* Finished implementing Game->LoadItemData(int item), which returns the itemdata pointer for the respective item ID.
* Fixed the bug where weapon->UseSprite(int id) didn't work in item scripts and global scripts.
* The Bubble enemy type is no longer invulnerable regardless of its Invincible flag. Go ahead - make vincible Bubbles.
* Fixed the bug that suppressed the Quick Sword rule. For the fourth time!
* Fixed the bug where defeating Ganon in a Ganon room type was not made permanent.
* The Block Weapon combo types have been re-implemented, and should block all applicable weapons and itemclass levels.
* Fixed the bug where Link couldn't move during the hurricane spin with NES movement.
* Enemies no longer walk around while they fall from the ceiling, bringing this behavior in line with the official games.
* And now, with no expense spared, I present the ability to name and rename your quest's sound effects.
* Another modern convenience: the FFC editor's script menu now lists script names in alphabetical order!
* Now, if a bomb or other lweapon falls through the bottom of a sideview screen, it will be removed.
* The 'Item Override' box in the Subscreen Editor is now a dropdown menu of items.
* Fixed the string deletion bug.
* All of the Slash, Bush, Flowers, Tall Grass and Pound combo types now work when used as Freeform Combos, to match the fact that Sword Trigger inherent flags already work on FFCs. Although, it should be said that a 'Tall Grass' type FFC will not produce the Tall Grass decoration on Link's sprite.
* Also fixed an apparent bug involving the Hammer Trigger flag as an inherent combo flag on an FFC.
* Tweaked the Stomp Boots' collision detection (for the sixth time) with respect to flyers in sideview. Don't be discouraged! This time very few qualms remain.
* Fixed the bug where re-sorted strings interfered with the Select Message String dialog.
* The 'Door Repair', '1/2 Magic Upgrade' and 'Learn Slash' room types are no longer broken if the 'Messages Disappear' Quest Rule is set.
* Quest Rule: Special Items Don't Appear In Passageways. This is a NES Fix rule, because the ROM hack 'Zelda Challenge: Outlands' makes use of this behavior.
* All lweapons are now aware of which equipment item created them. This should fix several unreported Item Override and/or scripted lweapon bugs.
* The Cane of Byrna's slash and stab sprites are now implemented.
* The Cane of Byrna now creates a beam lweapon that orbits Link, expends Link's magic or rupees, and damages any enemy that is vulnerable to wand magic.
* The Cane of Byrna itemclass now has the following editable features: Penetrates Enemies, Beam Speed Divisor, Orbit Radius, Number of Beams, Orbit Sound, Sparkle Sprite and Damaging Sparkle Sprite. Invincibility, however, remains unimplemented.
* Fixed the bug where 'Dive For Item' items could be collected repeatedly.
* Added a new font, based on the font used in the Zelda Oracle games. There are 2 versions (fixed-width and proportional).
* Fixed the icons for the OS X ROMView application.
* Custom Wizzrobes will no longer create the (None) weapon if that is their weapon. Instead, they will perform their firing animation but make no sound.
* Added an npc->Tile variable, which is the current tile associated with the NPC - not just its original tile. Activity: you can use this in conjunction with certain enemy animations to determine if an enemy is trying to fire its weapon or not.
* But! For very necessary consistency with item->OriginalTile and weapon->OriginalTile, the former npc->Tile is renamed to npc->OriginalTile, and NPCTILE is now NPCOTILE. This will, I think, not break compiled and loaded scripts, but will require ZScript and ZASM source code that used those variables to be modified.
* Fixed the bug where the Tile Editor's palette was resetting to the default palette needlessly.
* Fixed, again, the splitting enemies vs. Enemy Carries Item crash for Darknuts, and possibly Vires, Zols, Tribbles and Digdoggers as well.
* Here's an activity: in The Legend of Zelda Level 1 entrance, go right, slay all Stalfos, but do not pick up the key. Leave and re-enter. Where does the key appear? ...I've fixed proposed1st.qst in that regard. Maybe you could check that all of the other default item locations in 'Enemy Carries Item' rooms in 1st.qst match with the game?
* Transparent string frames are now supported. I thought that, like translucency, it would be too costly to implement at this point. But, in fact, an easy foolproof solution was there all along. Forgive my foolhardiness.
* Renamed a few subscreen fonts.
* Fixed the superfluous post-string sounds bug.
* Fixed a bug in the tile overlay script command.
* OS X Leopard Intel Only. Fullscreen is broken right now.
* Fixed the bug where various lower-level Item Override weapons used the wrong sprite.
* Also fixed the bug where the sword's sprite could be changed to that of the other weapon's.
* Step->Next triggering now works absolutely perfectly - for both diagonal and non-diagonal movement.
* Patra BS segments no longer remove Armos combos when spawned.
* Fixed the bug with ZC crashing when trying to play MIDI files and MP3 files simultaneously.
* Fixed the bug where, ahem, special Room Type Guys were reappearing incessantly.
* Now, when you reorder your quest's string list, the Next String droplists won't display the wrong string.
* Subtly tweaked the sideview Stomp Boots again.
* Moved Link's inverted right sword-slash slightly upward such that it actually touches his sprite. You probably didn't think I'd ever get around to doing that, right?
* Now the two other arrow buttons in the Select String box move the selected string up and down 12 spots, instead of just switching the places of the nth and the n+12th.
* You can no longer edit the '(None)' enemy. Why would you do that?
* Did you know that if you were on the Stepladder, over a walkable water combo, and you jumped, you would suddenly drown? ...Not anymore, though!
* Now, if an itemclass has no misc. values at all, you can't edit them. Why would you do that?
* If Link appeared on a Stair combo by exiting a Passageway, he no longer gets sent back into the Passageway.
* And finally, a new misc value for swords: Beam Penetrates Enemies. Wasn't DN considering adding this back in 2001?