219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    I turn to the gypsy/mermaid and say "You brought us here. You might want to tell us what is going on. I want to know what we're getting into before we go rushing off blindly." Aside, to Jade. "What you saw sounds like an octopus. The things at the bottom were not hair, they were tentacles. They're sort of like arms."
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Jade raises an eyebrow. "Eight cats? weird name for Mr. Ball." She doesn't bring up the affair with the mermaid directly, feeling rather self-conscious around her.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    ========================================
    Setting: The three witches!

Long ago a woman made a contract with the Queen of Demons and where given power, they nearly destroyed this dimension until the mageslayer Vulcanus used the powers of light to thwart there plans. In a latch ditch effort to survive the woman servered her soul into three parts and engraved them into three magically talented individuals. Two of them are known to Merlina.

Update

Merlina looks at the castle at sighs. "This kingdom is beyond saving. It has fallen to one the three. We must leave this place." She snaps her finger and before you know it your back in the Tavern. La Croix is there as well, but no one else.
    LACROIX"Took you long enough, boss. Did you find it?"
    MERLINA "You mean this?" She pulls out a black comb. "Oh yeah I found my old comb. One of three. Just got to find the other two combs now."
    FORTUNETELLER "That's mine! Give it back." Screams the mermaid. Lunging for the comb. But La Croix kicks her into a wall.
    L "Back off unless you're looking to get hurt fish, Don't expect me to hold back this time either." He cracks his knuckles.
    N "My name is Nerinae not fish. But point taken."
    M "Here's the scoop, the other two combs are most likely in the hands of the three witches, she'll need all three of them to recombine. We need to fine them and destroy them before that happens. I heard another comb is somewhere in the Forest of Fey. Don't want to deal with Queen Alraune but we might have to. If thing's go south, just run. we don't want to start a war between the Fey and Outsiders like us. It's happened before and it's not pretty. You guys interesting in coming along too, what about you Nerinae? You've got a target for your revenge now. Wanna come along?"

All of a sudden there's a knock on the door.

IMPORTANT
    Cause: Didn't go after La Croix who would of changed Merlina's Mind.
    Effect: A Mermaid Kingdom Died Out, But Nerinae SURVIVED!
    What could of happened: Alliance with mermaids.

This is an example of making a bad decision folks!
    Like or no Like? I can stop if you don't like these Important Decisions.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 02-08-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    /me nudges Skie and sneaks him off somewhere private. Then she looks around a little before speaking

"I couldn't bring this up to Merlina directly... they uh, don't like Dragons, see... but she just said one of those combs was in the woods right? Traditionally, woods and ocean are considered two of three environmental "elements" so to speak. Dunno where the third is, could be a mountain, a desert, etc. ... But I'm sure it isn't in an ocean or woods. We should probably not let anyone outside the party know this though."

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    ===============================
    Rules Update: Flow Control

If someone doesn't provide a post before a post marked update which are once a week usually. I will simply make the character do what seems logical. "In this case answering the door."
    This will only happen twice. After which, I assume you've lost in the game and stop providing updates except at the start of a new arc. BTW we are starting a new story arc. And I'll be posting a setting update after this one on the races of Nosgoth.

Since last time...
    Found the mermaid city in ruins. Oh well Merlina said you were too late. At least one of them survived.
    Merlina found a comb and made note that she is looking for two more.
    Jade @King Aquamentus had a conversation about the environmental elementals with Skie @TheDarkOne .

Update

Skie nods and answers the door, to be greeted by a shrine maiden with crimson eyes and blonde hair. Her haori is stained with streaks of blood as is her katana. She frowns and is about to turn away when she notices Merlina in the back of the tavern. She smiles at her but then notices La Croix and the smile fades.
    "I see, you have chosen to betray your raison d'etre. Very well. It does not matter the time will come when we shall have to fight. But it shall not be to day. Take care Merlina. And watch where you sleep at night, terrible things happen can happen in the dark."
    She walks into the fog and disappears.
    You leave the tavern and Merlina stops and arranges transportation out of the fishing village via a fur trader toward the elven town of Lyeserin on the edge of the Forest of the Fey. Now would be a good time to gather any supplies you might need for your long voyage. Merlina will cover your cost, she is quite wealthy after all. You notice La Croix seems restless. And Merlina bothered by the appearance of the woman from last night.

What do you do?
    Last edited by Tamamo; 02-18-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Setting: Races of Nosgoth

Humans are not the only intelligent life of Nosgoth. Others exist too. Here's the list. with a short description and their "natural environment"

=====
    Forest "Fey Bloodline"
    =====

Elves: As outgoing as they are they get along with everyone except the Eladrin.Half Gnolls/Half Elfs do exist but are often banished opon reaching adult hood.
    Eladrin: They kill gnolls on sight. And look like elves with silver eyes and crescent moon symbols on there foreheads. They're stuck up on egocentric, opposite of elves. They don't even like the true fey. They are the closest to the Fey Bloodline.
    Halflings: These look like miniature versions of humans and are deadly with a rapier and crossbow, most have left the forest in search of a life in the city.

=====
    Sea
    =====

Mermaid/Siren: They can change their lower half at will. There are no males.
    Sahuagins: Fish man
    Kuo-Toa: Frog man

=====
    Mountains
    =====

Dwarves: No the woman do not have beards but they are short and stocky.
    Gnomes: Short like halflings but the most intelligent of the races they often dabble in illusions. They also make good mechanics and engineers.
    Giants: Not dumb and ugly like in the books, solitary yes. They are basically just humans, only bigger. They stand any where between 4 to 10 meters at adult hood.
    Orges: at 2.5 meters in height and 1600 lbs of dense muscle they can easily lift boulders and rip out trees by the root. They are usually docile, but you better not piss them off.

=====
    Desert
    =====

Gnolls: As barren as these places are, the Gnolls call this place their home. They are a feral cult of beast man whose hunting skills are second only to elves which they actually get along with for some strange reason. Strangely. Most gnolls prefer the forest now.

=====
    Tundra
    =====

Drow: The drow's story is a sad one. In truth it was the Spider Goddess Lolth who disguised her self as an elf an tried to lead the elves to rebel against their god that led to there fall. Now fearing the warmth of the sun they live in the underdark and the cold reaches of the North. They ARE weak to fire.
    NOTE: THe ones in the underdark are weak to light as well the ones on the surface are not but do not worship Lolth either so...
    Orcs: Not much is known about orcs, except they hate Gnolls and Elves with a passion and the feeling is mutual. What's really sad is nobody knows why.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 02-18-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    I sell the harpoon I found in the chest for some extra coin. This shop offers an interesting item, a magic rope that can extend to any length, and will hold to any surface without the need of a grappling hook This would be useful for a rogue like myself but I do not have even half of the purchase price. It could possibly be stolen, but I made myself a promise that I would never steal again, not since the incident that cost me Artanis...but I really wish I could get that rope. Leaving the shop (without the rope), I meet up with my companions and ask Merlina about the woman.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Jade needs only a change of clothes and food, though she is easily distracted by things that she sees.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    ========================
    Update
    ========================

@King Aquamentus @TheDarkOne
    Merlina turns towards La Croix, "I was about to ask him the same question, and I want an answer La Croix. That woman seems to know you. Who is she?"

L: "She is an agent of death like myself, working directly under the raven king himself. Her name is Helena the Dusk Maiden and she is a Peacock Roc. with an affinity of fire."

M: "I see, we will need to deal with her quickly then. We can not let her reach the Raven King with news of your betrayal."

The fur trader in his cart pulls up. A half gnoll half elf. Merlina doesn't seem to mind the mixed blood despite being an Eladrin. "Looks like our ride is here let's go. It'll be about a day's travel to Lysterian. So prepare for some rest."

The travel's go good and night falls your about half way there and everyone notices that Merlina seems to have vanished in thin air. The furtrader says she can't wait for you to go and find her and she has a deadline to keep. What do you do?
    THe mermaid votes to just forget about her and Lacroix doesn't seem to care.

P.S.
    Note this new character is NOT locked. Have fun doing what you please him.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 02-23-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    I ask La Croix "Where did Merlina go?"

(GM text here)

Trying to get comfortable in the back of the cart, my hand brushes against something rough under one of the furs. Taking a closer look I discover it is one of the magic ropes. I look toward the trader but his attention is elsewhere. It would be easy to steal it...but I push it away. I made myself a promise and will not break it. Artanis, if he were still alive, would not have hesitated to take it...but that is why he is not alive. I forget about the rope and just settle in for the ride.

Thread Information