Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.15%

AGN needs a Webcomic!

While thinking of different ways to better AGN and increase traffic, I have decided that we should try and produce a comic, and all of you should help!

First of all, we will need to decide a general direction for the comic to be heading. For example, I thought that since the name of the site is Armageddon Games, we could use characters that play off of the name, such as planets, missiles, or the personification of catastrophical events. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon) We will also need to decide our general audience we are aiming for, so that the material will be better suited for our needs. Please post whatever ideas you may have in this thread.

Second, I will begin to recruit positions to construct the comic itself. We will need graphics designers, text editors, and possibly sound editors, should we decide to place sound files alongside the comic. (Has that ever been done before?) Instead of text, we could have different members actually be the voice of the characters! If you would like to apply for any position pm me with a resume, details of any prior experience, and examples of your work, if possible. Obviously, not everyone will be accepted. If this is the case with you, please try and still be involved. You do not have to be named to the team for your works to still be cited, and your ideas be implemented.

Finally, we will begin releasing the comic. We will need to decide how often we would like to publish the comic itself, and we will need to decide if we want it to be based out of the forums or on the main page. I would like to release a new comic at least once a week, and I would like the first comic to be out no later than Friday the 23rd, which gives us just under three weeks.

I will be the overall editor of the project. All decisions will be made by me, under the authority of Warlord. Positions will be handed out at my discretion, under the authority of Warlord. At any time, anybody can be removed from their position due to anything that myself or the rest of the staff deems unnecessary.

Every single person will be cited for their work. Once you have submitted material for the comic, it will be the intellectual property of Armageddon Games, and it will not be allowed to be reused without permission from myself or Warlord.

All of that being said...let's have some fun with this, guys!

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.55%

Re: AGN needs a Webcomic!

A few questions, suggestions, and other thinggestions (<-- don't ask):
    - What will the type of drawings be like? Will it be hand-drawn, sprite comic, what?
    - Mayhaps we shall include VG characters... So far, I've only seen one good webcomic that has VG characters from multiple games and that's Zelda Comic, but that one only has a few.
    - (Scratch this little part)

By the way, I won't be submitting material for yon comic (that's assuming the webcomic gets through), but I will be suggesting a few things.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.89%

i think it's a neat idea, as i've always wanted to do a webcomic (eh, sprite comic), but always ran out of juice because i was the only one doing it (the whole deal, story, graphics, implementation, etc).

i think you're going about this the right way, but i think due to lack of enthusiasm here, probably wont get very far off the ground. just my opinon, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.15%

Quote Originally Posted by WindStrike
    A few questions, suggestions, and other thinggestions (<-- don't ask):
    - What will the type of drawings be like? Will it be hand-drawn, sprite comic, what?
    - Mayhaps we shall include VG characters... So far, I've only seen one good webcomic that has VG characters from multiple games and that's Zelda Comic, but that one only has a few.
    - (Scratch this little part)

By the way, I won't be submitting material for yon comic (that's assuming the webcomic gets through), but I will be suggesting a few things.
    Well honestly, I do not know. That is what this thread is for--generating ideas. Gerudo, if it centered around sprites, would you want to be apart of the team?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%

I'd be all over that shit if it were centered around sprites. :O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.55%

Well, if we did do sprites, it'd be a heck of lot easier to pull in VG characters(that's assuming everyone (or at least most people) wants them).
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%

What about using members as characters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.55%

Uhh... I don't think having members as characters will work well. Unless you mean that the character has a certain member's personality or something like that... (which, I think, is a good idea) ... ... I wouldn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.72%

Quote Originally Posted by WindStrike
    Uhh... I don't think having members as characters will work well. Unless you mean that the character has a certain member's personality or something like that... (which, I think, is a good idea) ... ... I wouldn't work.
    Doing a memeber's personality could be bad. It might offend them if you portray them as one way and they feel like they act a different way.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.09%

Personally, as long as it's all ingood fun, I wouldn't care.

Thread Information