Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%

== Read This Before Submitting A Quest. ==

At Zeldaclassic.com, we are more than eager to receive new quest submissions, especially given how rare 2.10 quests are in this beta age. However, There are some guidelines that must be answered in a submission, otherwise we have to delete it and just write you back about it. So, in order of submission...

=====================Author info========================

Author name: If you are a member of any ZC community, use that Alias, so you can easily be identified... ...unless you don't want anyone to know it was you, I guess...

email: double check this, otherwise any email we send you regarding the quest will go to the wrong address, and you'll sit there wondering why the jerks at ZC.com don't like your quest enough to approve it. (muh.)

Human being check: If you can't pass this, you are a whiny attention suckling piece of dog turd who should get off the site. ( ) Actually, you're a bot, and not human at all. So I can get away with that. The question is usually some easy math question, like 7 plus 5, so don't worry

=====================Quest information =====================

Quest Name: You could put ABC123, as long as that is what your quest is called. I mean, don't put anything really really dirty in the name.

Version: I can't stress this one enough. without being told by the author, there's no way for anyone else to know what version a quest is for: You could try testing it in different versions, but the results are way too vague for you to even tell if they mean "this isn't the right version". So to avoid a lot of headaches, be absolutely sure you make the right selection in this menu.

Tileset: If you constructed the tileset yourself, just call it "custom". If you used a mainstream existing tileset, like Pure, LoZ, BS, or New1st, put that down instead. And, if you modified one of those tilesets, put down that it is a modification of it.

Quest Description: THIS IS NOT THE STORY OF YOUR QUEST. This however is a good place to talk about the history of making it, or about some of the things players may encounter. Basically, anything you want to say about your quest that isn't the story goes here.

Quest Story: THIS IS THE STORY OF YOUR QUEST. You don't have to write like Shakespeare, in fact, if it's just... you know... just a quest, you can just write down "same as 1st quest"

Credits: any homies you wanna give a shout out to, you do it here.

Cheats: This won't show up in the main column of your quest page, but rather will open in a small window via a link on the side. It doesn't have to be the actual cheats your quest uses (if any), it can just be a pointer for a hard part or something.

================Files==================

This is the most Important part of this thread. READ THIS PART IF NOTHING ELSE.

quest file: Unlike PureZC, you CANNOT upload quests here. You will need some sort of file host in order to submit your quest. This means most likely you will need to put the quest in a .zip file before they will accept them (however, if you can find a way to upload it to the net without zipping it, we at Zeldaclassic.com are more than happy to accept them as just .qst files, especially since this means when people download it from us, they won't have to unzip it. But most likely, you'll need to zip.) Also, if there's any other files you want to include with your quest, like a little manual, then needless to say, you'll HAVE to zip it all in one package. Don't worry about the screenshots though: we'll get to those in a second. When you link to your zip file, LINK TO YOUR ZIP FILE. DO NOT LINK TO A PAGE WITH THE ZIP FILE ON IT, LINK TO THE ZIP FILE. IF IT DOESN'T END IN .ZIP OR .QST, IT'S NOT GOING ON THE DATABASE.

Main screenshot: This is the primary screenshot that people on the site will associate your quest with, so make it count. same deal with the quest link, host it somewhere. Photobucket is good for this. And again, DO NOT LINK TO A PAGE WITH THE SCREENSHOT ON IT. THE LINK MUST END IN EITHER .GIF OR .JPEG. EXTENSIONS LIKE .BMP, .PNG, .TNG, .COM, .HTML, OR OTHERWISE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND WILL BE REMOVED. 2.10 and below have no option to alter the format of screenshots to .gif or .jpg, so you'll need your outside image editor (Paint, photoshop, etc) to change it to the appropriate type.

Other screenshots: you can add five more screenshots if you wish, making six in total. Again, see the guidelines on the main screenshot.

Anything else: Nothing to say but the obvious part about dirty language.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.69%

Re: == Read This Before Submitting A Quest. ==

A question on the tileset information.

If I used mainly the traditional classic Zelda 1 tileset, but I used a bunch of other tiles ripped from image files, what would I say for "tileset?" Should I still say "classic" or should I say that it is a modification?

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%

LOZ or Custom LOZ most likely as the way it's currently set up is as follows:

All the major tilesets have a separate category as well as a custom title added to it. Ex. Pure, Custom Pure. Newfirst, Custom Newfirst. As well as Just Custom or mixed. That allows people to search the QDB by tileset in addition to Date, ZC version, etc. Just use your best judgment or add a brief description of what kind of graphics you used. You can't really horribly and blatantly err while including this...well never say never I guess...But it'd be pretty hard anyway.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.05%

I believe screenshots can also be .pngs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.62%

why is this not stickied?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    why is this not stickied?
    Because if it is stickied no one will read it.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%

Nobody regular will read it. The noobs will though, and those are the people that are linking to rapidshare sites in their submissions.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.54%

Honestly though. This thread should be linked to the main ZC.com page.

It would do the most good there. IMO.
    Yes, screenshots can be png's as well. I've used them.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.58%

thread stickied. :) Good guidelines.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%

Actually, we're still getting *ahem*retard*ahem* submissions. I'd better put this on the main page...

Thread Information