Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.48%

Link to the Heavens Released

Link to the Heavens
    by Pineconn

Download: [Click Here]

You can find all of the necessary quest information, including the download link, in the QDB submission link above.

Quest file updated: 9/15/09

Description:

This quest is, in my opinion, 2 complete overworlds and 9 full dungeons of pure Zelda. Taking 2 and a half years to construct this quest, expect to have at least 15 hours of solid gameplay. The difficulty is not over-the-top, yet you'll encounter many interesting puzzles, many of which are totally new to Zelda. This quest includes almost every item; you'll find two in each of the quest's eight main dungeons and one in each mini-dungeon. You'll encounter Zelda's typical overworld areas, including a forest, lake, mountain, swamp, snowy mountain, and more. You can also amass a full 16-heart life gauge and a full 8-unit magic meter.

Note: I strongly suggest that you do not use a 2.5 beta to play this quest, as you will encounter a compatibility bug.

Regardless, I hope that you truly enjoy Link to the Heavens and that you have a load of fun.

Storyline:

The quest starts out in Narajo Town, Link's home village. He vows to destroy the source that is uprooting parts of Hyrule, causing mountains to rise and magma to flow to the surface. Before his adventure will unfold, he needs something to fend himself off with. His mother gives him his ancestor's shield and some Rupees to start. He steps out his house keeping in mind that he needs to seek out the Triforce, and this is where the story begins...

If you need any help at all, post it here. I'll help you through my quest as much as possible. Of course, I also ask that you post any bugs that you have found or any comments that you have. :)
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.17%

Re: Link to the Heavens Released

Oh my gosh! Finally! It's released! I'm at a loss for words. Hurray!

Edit: Wouldn't you know it. I can't play it. As you know, I have Windows Vista, so 2.10 won't work on my computer. So I used build 254. But there is a bug in it preventing you from throwing the boomerand southeast. And in level 2, there is a room that requires you to throw the boomerang southeast. Dang. Hopefully I'll find a workaround. Hopefully.
    Play The Darkness Within, my newest ZC Quest! Download here:
    http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=374

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.37%

Thanks Pineconn for this quest. I've managed to do most of Chodina Swamp but I can't figure out where the bow is. I got the arrow, map and compass. Even found the boss door. But no bow. Been walking around in circles for the last little while that now I'm very dizzy :googly: lol
    BTW the overworld is gorgeous and the only thing I haven't found yet is a shop that sells a shield.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    ms_zelda_lady

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.16%

Oooh, I really want to play this but I have a quest to make by friday. I shall have to put it on my to-do list!
    The demo was very nice.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan View Post
    Oh my gosh! Finally! It's released! I'm at a loss for words. Hurray!

Edit: Wouldn't you know it. I can't play it. As you know, I have Windows Vista, so 2.10 won't work on my computer. So I used build 254. But there is a bug in it preventing you from throwing the boomerand southeast. And in level 2, there is a room that requires you to throw the boomerang southeast. Dang. Hopefully I'll find a workaround. Hopefully.
    Use a newer build!!! ..I'll be playing this in 675.

..on the offchance of some other strange bug, 584 is next on thine list.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.84%

God, I thought this would never be finished. AWESOME!!!!

Click here to level up my card, or be sacrificed... ^_^

Want to see Shattered Earth, AGN's RPG, back? Got a computer that is capable of running a server? PM me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.4%

Quote Originally Posted by ms_zelda_lady View Post
    Thanks Pineconn for this quest. I've managed to do most of Chodina Swamp but I can't figure out where the bow is. I got the arrow, map and compass. Even found the boss door. But no bow. Been walking around in circles for the last little while that now I'm very dizzy :googly: lol
    BTW the overworld is gorgeous and the only thing I haven't found yet is a shop that sells a shield.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    ms_zelda_lady
    Tthe bow is on the left top

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.37%

That's one of a few rooms I can't seem to get to. The room underneath it has a crystal that I thought I needed the bow to change it and I tried bombing the room to the right of it and that didn't to work either. Is there a warp I missed or a boomerang I haven't gotten that would get me to that top left room?
    Thanks in advance,
    ms-zelda_lady

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.48%

Quote Originally Posted by ms_zelda_lady View Post
    Is there a warp I missed or a boomerang I haven't gotten that would get me to that top left room
    That would do it.

Unfortunately, you have to take a trip all the way back to Southern Hyrule Field. Right in the center of the accessible part of the Field is a cave; bomb the cracks to reveal the entrance. You'll find the 'rang after a few screens.

The reason I required the boomerang in Level 1 is that if I had required it in Level 2, you'd hate me even more. Level 2 is a heck of a lot farther away from this cave than Level 1 is.

Now you know that the yellow crystal switches are triggered by the boomerang, at least. The arrow will trigger another type of object or statue.

Thanks everyone for your comments in such a short time!
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Use a newer build!!! ..I'll be playing this in 675.

..on the offchance of some other strange bug, 584 is next on thine list.
    Okay. I've been trying to avoid any beta besides 254 to play this quest, but I guess I don't have any other option.

There is one thing that concerns me Pineconn. I think this quest might be too easy for me. Not because it is poorly made, but becuase of this: I have remade you other quest. I have opened the file and copied it screen by screen. I know how your puzzles work, I know how you make the level design. So chances are I am going to breeze through this (get it? Breeze, heavens. Another bad pun).

One thing that I have noticed though is the overworlds of both your quests have more than meats the eye. End of Time had an underworld hidden beneath the surface. And know this one has sky travel. Will your next quest feature something like this?
    Play The Darkness Within, my newest ZC Quest! Download here:
    http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=374

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Thread Information