Please forgive me, I could not find the original thread with the Z3 scroll demonstration.

If I recall correctly, someone was able to script a free-scrolling screen by having the game 'snatch' combos from adjacent screens on the map. Would it be possible to set a 'snatch' radius (through careful calculation of x and y positions) and then trigger a pit-warp to the next screen over when that radius is reached?

As far as I can remember, the script locked Link at the center of a screen that has scrolling edges, causing motion instead to trigger 'combo snatching' in the appropriate direction (For example, if Link was centered horizontally and tried to walk right, it would shift all the snatched combos leftward and snatch a new combo from the right).
When the snatch extreme is reached (Halfway into the next screen, so in the example it would be snatching combos from half-way into the screen at right), could a pit warp takes Link to that screen and reverse the snatch (So Link is still in the center, but now one screen over, with combos grabbed from the screen to the left)? I know the version of Z3 scrolling I saw was limited to four screens due to processing limitations, but a pit-warp trigger should be able to keep the amount of combo information referenced to a minimum... right?

I'm curious if this is possible, because my quest plans involve completely animating Link by drawcombo, and it does not mesh well with scrolling. Also, being able to manually control the size of 'z3' screens (By having nine versions of this code, one for each possible position in a 9x9 layout) will make them more versatile (and make a metroid-esque side-scrolling game more... possible).