Keep in mind that while many outlets are reporting this rumor, neither Nintendo nor Netflix have commented on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Even though this will get me pummeled with tennis rackets, I have to say they would do well to subvert the fantasy like they did with the Mario Brothers movie.

Audiences love when something fantastic can be explained by a combination of mundane truths, and the modernization of older mediums has experienced a recent surge of popularity (consider how many television series are based around that guy from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's works, and think about how many of them are presented in a modern context).

The question is how much subversion should the writing staff conduct? Is the Triforce a set of defense codes for a nuclear arsenal? Is it a computer virus written by Mister Dragmire but then broken into three pieces when he was arrested? In such a scenario it's clear Zelda would serve as some sort of federal agent that he abducts to get what he wants, but who would Link be in a modern context?

Food for thought.
While that's an interesting idea and I'd kinda like to see some form of that, I don't think that would be right at this time. Fans of the series want a representation of they already know. I want to see Link feeding bombs to dinosaurs. I want to see Link fighting a multi-headed dragon, and watch the heads fly around the room trying to kill him before he finishes the job. The flim/TV version of LoZ needs to be established before they can go tweeking with it's components.

P.S. Link would be the lone programmer kid who's and introvert and doesn't speak, but becomes the one who has to reassemble the virus when Zelda's partner, Impa runs into him in a dark alley after the abduction. Or something. I dunno, but I wanna go watch Hackers now.