I thought I might go ahead and post some shots of my upcoming Legend of Sonic the Hedgehog quest here, rather than starting a new thread.

This quest will be based on the original 1st quest but will not be a literal remake. There will be extra dungeons and possibly extra overworld areas. All tiles were painstakingly designed by myself or snagged from Sonic Genesis games. When I release the quest later this year I'll hopefully be able to compile a Sonic tileset for others to use.

This is a major work in progress, so these screens may be drastically different from the final release.

Sonic begins his adventure to rescue the Chaos Emeralds and destroys a bush in search of Rings. Note the "continue" post...heh heh.

A gang of CrabMeat badniks guard a Ring monitor.

Like I said, this isn't a perfect adaptation of the 1st quest.
Here Sonic tries to figure out how to cross the broken bridge and grab those Rings down there.

A few more Green Hill Zone shots. I grabbed those palm trees off the original Sonic Genesis game.

Tails shows up every now and then to lend a hand.
(I know, this isn't a very good shot. Just wanted to show Tails.)

Anyway, hope you enjoy these pics. Now that college is out for the summer I'll hopefully be able to make a lot of progress.