88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    I have two main games that I've created with it. I've also done a lot of test stuff, like a Gradius engine and whatnot. Hardly worth writing home about, compared to this:

CHRONO BEAT (Don't tell Square-Enix) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O0BQ6OSW

Heeeyyy, what if Chrono Trigger was a Shmup? This shoot-em-up has three completed lengthy levels, plus lots of beta stuff I never really got around to. The three completed levels are 1000 AD (the first stage), 600 AD (technically third, coming after the beta "bonus stage"), and 2300 AD (by far the best level in the game, almost a genre change has you must avoid walls and hazards like opening doors and lasers.) You can use Enter and backspace to shift between stages, and the 1-7 keys at the top of your keyboard to shift through the available weapons (or you can, you know, pick them up as power-ups.) You start with Lucca's fireball gun by default, with marle's ice slasher (penetrating weapon with a low rate of fire) and frog's spreading bubble (imagine the ripple laser from Gradius) being the next most common. Slightly more rare is Crono's thunder beam (a "toothpaste laser", basically), Robo's seeking missile (which barely works half the time), Ayla's spinning warrior (Ayla launches... herself as a boomerang), and Magus's... ??? (the announcer just laughs in a really sinister way when you pick it up, but the attack mostly resembles the gravity bombs from Gradius. Also the best weapon in this game). Schala is a 1-up.

The other game I'll have to find again later, or make another exe of. it's not as big, but more completed.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.63%
    Game Maker is cool, I just never got really into it. Shortly after I found ZC a long time ago, I found GM, and I did churn out two simple "maze" games called "Adventures of the Red Ball 1, and 2", where, as you guessed it, you played as a Red Ball named Red Ball, and you had to collect so many of the objects (blue coins, or crystals, or both, I forget) in each stage to unlock new parts. There were no enemies, or AI of any sort beyond "watch out for the predictable spike thing moving back in forth which kills you on contact".

Other ventures included a primitive platformer with "stick figure" graphics, and my first attempt at a game was a game which required players to quickly click on certain colored balls before they hit the bottom of the screen. The object was to click them all before any of them touch the bottom.

Too bad I lost my GM folder, and old ZC folder when I got my own computer back in 2005, and failed to transfer them. I wasn't interested, or using either program at the time, so it didn't occur to me to save my projects. And to think, just a few months after, I'd check ZC's main site, and see a new version. FML.

Old-Skool, you have a nice shooter there. I'd recommend not automatically changing the player's weapon upon pick-up though. It is quite disorienting to go from ripping through enemies with the bubble beam, or "toothpaste laser" only to have it all the sudden change to some girl flipping in front of the ship if you grab an item, lol.

EDIT:
    Holy crap. GM has come a very, very long way since I last used it.

This is pretty sweet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rctp...eature=related

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthus View Post
    Old-Skool, you have a nice shooter there. I'd recommend not automatically changing the player's weapon upon pick-up though. It is quite disorienting to go from ripping through enemies with the bubble beam, or "toothpaste laser" only to have it all the sudden change to some girl flipping in front of the ship if you grab an item, lol.
    Yeah, I guess Contra had the wrong idea when it did the same exact thing. >_>;

Thread Information