Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
Oh wow, this statement for some reason just sent me on a massive flashback to the days of renting NES games. Two things that immediately came to mind were (a) renting a game multiple times and hoping against hope that your save game from the last time you rented it was still on there, and (b) renting a game where someone else had already made it super far, and so you got to play their saved game as sort of a cheat ("Oh sweet, this dude got the magic sword AND the blue ring for me!")
Actually, now that I think more about it... I remember I had a school notebook with diagrams of Mega Man pass-codes (and codes from other games for that matter) scattered around in it. LOL, I just remembered that.

Yep. Those were the good old days of NES carts, video stores that rented out VHS tapes, and a time when people would think a blue-ray is a type of aquatic fish. A time where if you wanted to play a game you had to get off your lazy ass, head down to the recycling center and turn in some cans for CRV so you could afford to rent it for the weekend. Imagine that, children forced to go outside every now and again.