Quote Originally Posted by Samer View Post
Edit: Not sure if it's completed yet, but Allegro5 seems to be more modern it's still limited but it's good for what we need if the devs don't feel like using another framework.
It's not about what the Devs would like or dislike. I guarantee you there isn't one that likes Allegro 4. The work or moving to another framework is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
TBH, 32-bit would be wasteful, given that no human being can differentiate between 24-biut and 32-bit colours.

IWhat I'd like to see, are options for user-defined CSets, and CSet behaviour. Just make an 8-bit CSet from a 24-bit Palette, and apply it as needed. That would also end the problem of bank-switching CSets out of the main palette. In general, my wish is that sprites/tiles/combos don;t change colour, unless I tell them to change colour. Get rid of level-based CSets, and make the Cset palette combo-specific, selected in the combo editor; with easy -/+ rotation between all user-defined CSets.
8 bit palettes are more than enough for ZC. It'd be best to have it so anything can have it's own full palette(256 colors) and you can have as many of them as you want. None of this CSet swapping into one palette nonsense.

Has anyone ever hit the tile, map or dmap limit? Yes, it is possible but is it likely? I am trying to think how one would run out of tile space, even with all 8 bit tiles, unless you are making a very very large quest.

In any case none of this is likely feasible for ZC as it is now. You cannot write to certain values because doing so would interfere and possibly break internal workings.