Careful Dimentio, you are starting to sound more and more like a type A player with your focus on graphics. To be honest, it would make very little difference to me if Armageddon used the original NES tileset. And if OUCH! had gone for a very small overworld with almost no exploration needed that would be fine with me too. Only type A players are affected by things like that and if you're not going to try and woo them over then why bother? You know how much quest-making time it saves by having just a small overworld like LoH:IE??

I only used the updated tilesets in LoH and LoH:IE because they were very easy to obtain and for this small investment I got a quest that looks much, much better. As a type B player, even I must admit that DoR tilesets beat the original NES tilesets hands-down. The type A players certainly have their graphics, looks and appearances all figured out.

Lastly Anarchy, the criticisms that I'm making won't take very long to implement if you choose to make them - and these criticisms are coming from a type B player. The entrance to fortress 2 can be simply an open cave instead of a hidden one. The grinding can be replaced by making those items for free in exchange for winning a very challenging fight. You can grind if you're type A but if you're one of us type B players you can fight this very difficult challenge and win it for free... For a very small investment you'd be opening up your quest to a lot of type B players who I'm sure feel the same way as I do.

I'm not asking you to change the difficulty. That would take too long and I'd be asking you to do a job which you had no satisfaction with in the end. Plus, the difficulty of your first dungeon is pretty good and doesn't need to change. Just fix the small things which don't take too long and I'm pretty sure that this will be a good type B quest.