Also, if you resort to polls, they should not show any results until after polling is finished. People shouldn't know who is winning before it is over, as that influences the voting in a bad way.
I was hoping this would be the way it would work, that you can't click any sort of "view results" before you've voted. Technically, it's already a popularity context, but it shouldn't be a SKEWED popularity contest. :p

I don't like the idea of nominations, as everyone should be able to cast their actual vote for whom they desire.
It seems that if you had ideas for one or more people that you'd like to vote for, they would be the people that you nominate in the first place. Thus, their place on the ballots are ensured. If you didn't nominate them, then you probably had someone better in mind, and it is they who need to be voted upon.

But I sort of feel like I'm wasting my time writing this, given ShadowTiger's history of blithefully ignoring my suggestions and continuing with his original modus operandi.
No bloody idea what you mean, but as I've said before, they're not my Superlatives. I just volunteered to do all the work nobody else would have wanted to do, thanks.