Many people have played and seemingly enjoyed my first quest, End of Time. However, I feel that much more could be done with it. As a result, both russadwan and I are remaking it in different tilesets.

Mine will primarily feature enhanced graphics and music, a sufficient storyline, and a few added puzzles and areas. It will remain loyal to the original to the extent that areas will seem very familiar, but the radical new look and redesigning of rooms will allow it to be beautifully fresh. See for yourself:

Old | New

Old | New

Old | New

Old | New

Old | New

Old | New

I realize that some of those screens still need a little bit of detail. I'll also be sure to have a short demo up relatively soon.

The backstory is rough at the moment, but this is what I have:

For several years, darkness has been brewing underneath Hyrule. In a violent upheaval from a strong releasing of energy, several spires rose from this Underworld, linking the two worlds. While Ganon has been lurking in his base, he never noticed that his fiery world of evil has been breached. Curious about the strange mountains, Link goes to investigate, but he never expects the horrors of Ganon's plan...

=========================> EDIT 9/22/08 <=========================

Demo! (Use 2.10!)

I finally got the quest in a somewhat stable condition, so do realize that this quest doesn't have the amount of polish that Link to the Heavens has. However, the graphics look pretty nice, so there should be enough eye-candy to get you through the short demo. Areas that are not complete are inconspicuously blocked by dancing vines. The end of the demo is basically when you enter the Great Forest. Also, you can't enter too many houses or caves (because they aren't built yet), so don't worry if entering one places you back at the entrance of the house or cave.