Just a quick overview of the progress I've made so far.

Chris Miller's 5th

Started this about ten days (...maybe) when he mentioned it in the Quest Discussion forums. I've made it through the first four dungeons, but I'm not sure where to look for Dungeon 5 (there was no hint within Dungeon 4, at least as far as I could find). The quest is paced well and is enjoyable to play. It would work well as a follow-up to 4th quest.

5thNightmare

I let the ease of the first dungeon lull me into a sense of security in this quest, despite the walk-through walls. The truth is, this quest is crazy difficult. I've been playing it for about a month now (since Nightmare made it available in the Quest Discussion forums), and every dungeon is significantly harder than the previous. By Dungeon 4 it becomes a trial of patience and come Dungeon 5 the quest gets so difficult it is a test of sanity just to keep playing. Buy keys for this one, folks, and find the Wallet quickly (it's under an Armos in the Death Mountain region, FYI).
I'm currently in Dungeon 7, wandering around trying to accumulate money for the Magic Boomerang. The quest is definitely a spiritual successor to 3rd quest, further clawing at the skills of the player.

CJC5th

This quest is the best and clearly should be the winner. And that statement is not biased at all! Heh, just kidding!
My quest has a rough difficulty spike in the beginning, but eases up as the player progresses and attempts to stay relatively fair throughout. During the quest you must choose between extra Heart Containers and exceptional equipment (the first choice becomes available after Dungeon 4, with the option of a Heart Container or the Letter). To make these choices the player must brave a gauntlet associated with a previous dungeon... specifically the dungeon 3 maps back. It is beneficial to pay any informant for all three bits of advice, and purchasing a key or two wouldn't hurt (one must be acquired to finish Level 1, and you'll need at least 5 extra keys to get through Level 8).
Every dungeon has at least two entrances, by the way (except for Ganon's lair, which has only one).